As a DONA International – trained postpartum doula, I believe passionately that caring attention, companionship, and practical support can ease the transition all members of a family experience when a new baby enters their lives. Just as your birth is a unique event, your experiences and your needs during this time will be different from those of friends, family members, or co-workers. You decide how a postpartum doula can best support your emotional and physical recovery from pregnancy and birth, and best assist your family in adjusting during this new and special time.
Postpartum doula services include:
- An initial, complimentary, consultation to discuss how I can best help you during the “fourth trimester” (first 3 months after arrival of a new baby – length of time is adjusted for multiples, preemies, and special circumstances).
- Emotional and physical support for the birthing woman’s recovery (including recovery from surgical birth).
- Emotional support for the partner and assistance with new siblings’ adjustment.
- Evidence-based information and support for infant feeding, newborn care, and coping skills for new parents.
- Assistance with newborn care, light housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Phone and email support for questions or concerns that arise.
- Fee: $20/hour, with a minimum 8-hour contract.