As a DONA International – trained birth doula, I support you becoming empowered to find your best birth, regardless of the circumstances. I provide you (and your chosen birth partner) with evidence-based information, comfort, care, and emotional support during your journey through pregnancy, labor and birth, and as you transition to life with your new baby. I support you, wherever you choose to birth, however your unique birth proceeds.
Birth doula services include:
- An initial, complimentary, consultation to meet and discuss how I can best support you.
- A minimum of two prenatal visits to discuss your needs and desires for labor and birth, your birth plan, and questions or concerns you or your partner may have.
- Phone and email support during your pregnancy to provide information or discuss any questions that might arise.
- Continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to you and your partner during your labor and birth – from the time you choose to call until your baby is born, and 1-2 hours immediately postpartum until you are comfortable and ready for quiet family time, with help initiating breastfeeding if you desire.
- At least one postpartum visit to celebrate your baby and answer any questions you might have about your recovery, infant feeding, newborn care, or parenting during the early postpartum period, as well as phone and email support during this time.
- Birth doula fee: $250
Birth doula + Breastfeeding Support Package
- Provides one year of certified lactation counselor support (home visits, phone, and email) in addition to birth doula services.
- Fee: $375 (see breastfeeding support page for information about what to expect from a lactation consultation)
Birth doula + Postpartum Support Package
- Includes 8 hours of postpartum doula support during the first 3 months postpartum (arranged in hourly increments of your choice), in addition to birth doula services.
- Fee: $385 (see postpartum page for information about services and arranging additional hours of care)
If you are interested in birth photography, please enquire about packages offered in collaboration with a wonderful and talented local photographer.
I support the philosophy of providing a doula for every family who desires one. Please ask about payment plans or the availability of reduced-fee services if cost is a barrier to you.