Doula support is personalized to your unique needs, but always includes
- initial (complimentary) consultation
- unlimited email/messaging support from the time we begin working together through 6 weeks postpartum
- at least three prenatal meetings
- 24/7 on call for you from 3 weeks before to 2 weeks after your estimated due date
- continuous support to you and your partner during your entire labor and birth and 1-2 hours immediately postpartum
- check-in within the first 72 hours of your birth
- at least one visit (up to 3 hours of care) within the first 6 weeks postpartum
- support identifying your birth needs, values, and options
- practicing comfort measures and positioning for ease in birth
- creating calm and helping you and your birth partner maintain a coping mindset
- supporting your physical comfort, ease, and informed decision-making in birth
- planning for a healthy postpartum transition
- lactation and infant feeding support
Birth doula care – $850
All families deserve support and no family is turned away for lack of funds … I am happy to work with families on a sliding scale, payment plans, barter/trade, and more. Please reach out if you’d like to explore what works best for you.
Rest. Recovery. Time to bond. All families deserve to be fully supported as they grow in the weeks and months after a new baby arrives. You decide how I can best support your needs, and assist your family in adjusting during a tender, special, and often vulnerable time
- education around lactation, recovery, and getting to know your newborn
- developing a postpartum plan of care
- emotional and physical support for recovery from pregnancy and birth (including cesarean recovery).
- emotional support for your family, including your partner and new siblings
- time to rest, recover, and bond, by providing a gentle pair of hands where you need it most – preparing meals and snacks, light housekeeping or household tasks, assisting with newborn care and infant feeding
- nourishing postpartum meals prepared in your home
- herbal soaks (and the time to enjoy)
- lactation consultation and infant feeding support
Postpartum care – $22-30/hour
Postpartum Nurturing Care packages and Birth + Postpartum packages also available
Your individual goals for feeding your baby are yours alone. Making milk may be natural, but there can be a steep learning curve for parent and baby. Real lactation support starts with your needs and desires, combined with skilled, evidence-based care, compassion, nonjudgement, and encouragement. In-home support that fits your needs and circumstances can help you manage difficulties and devise a plan to help you meet your own personal feeding goals. A stand-alone lactation consultation (in person or virtual) includes:
- A visit where we discuss your questions and concerns and assess baby feeding. Common concerns include: baby not latching well, breast or nipple pain during or between feedings, concerns about low milk supply, managing oversupply, baby fussing while feeding, feeding multiples, or managing a returning to work.
- Developing a plan tailored to fit your needs, and follow-up with phone and email support.
Stand-alone consultation – $65
Lactation care packages available – Combine prenatal lactation education/consulting + in-person lactation care in the early days and weeks with your newborn